Due to ever-changing circumstances that are beyond our control and the manner in which our Attorney General is enforcing shut-down related edicts, the Calhoun County Republican Convention, scheduled for Thursday, January 21, 2020, will be held via email.
The purpose of the County Conventions will be the selection of delegates and alternates to the February 6, 2021 State Convention at a location to be determined. District caucuses will be held at a time and in a manner to be determined.
The State Convention will be held on Saturday, February 6, 2021 for the following purposes:
1. Receiving reports of the election in the fourteen (14) congressional district caucuses of:
· 14 Congressional District Chairs (1 per congressional district) and the other officers
· 98 members of the Michigan Republican Party State Committee (14 of whom shall be the Congressional District Chairs) (7 per congressional district)
· 14 Convention Vice Chairs (1 per congressional district)
· 14 Assistant Secretaries (1per congressional district)
2. The Election of:
· One (1) State Chair
· One (1) Co-Chair (who, pursuant to Article III A of the Bylaws of the Michigan Republican State Committee, shall be the running mate of the Chair)
· One (1) Coalitions Vice Chair
· One (1) Outreach Vice Chair
· One (1) Grassroots Vice Chair
· One (1) Ethnic Vice Chair
· One (1) Administrative Vice Chair
· One (1) Youth Vice Chair (who, pursuant to Article IV A of the Bylaws of the Michigan Republican State Committee, shall, when elected, not have obtained the age of 25)
3. Transacting other such business as may properly come before the State Convention.
Please read the following details and instructions carefully and to the end, as failure to follow the directions for participation will negatively affect your election as a Delegate or Alternate to the State Convention.
How to Participate:
1. If you wish to be placed on the list of Delegates and Alternates to the State Convention, YOU MUST EMAIL Chair@CalhounCountyGOP.com BETWEEN 6:00 A.M. TUESDAY, January 19 AND 7:00 P.M. THURSDAY, January 21. Your email MUST include the following: your name, mailing address, a good telephone number, a good email address, and whether or not you are a Precinct Delegate elected on August 4, 2020, or elevated at a subsequent County Convention. We must have ALL of those pieces of information for your submission to be valid. INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE DISREGARDED. (Please keep in mind that we are working remotely right now and don’t have easy access to our files. Whether we have known you for 20 years, or whether you are brand new, we need every piece of information to be included on your submission.)
a. Note: The beginning and end times will be adhered to strictly. Early emails will be disregarded. The beginning time allows time for all Delegate and Alternate candidates to receive notice before the emailing begins. The end time allows our volunteers to begin the reporting process immediately at the email deadline and to file our report with the Michigan Republican Party in a timely manner.
b. Note: Emails MUST go to the email listed above. This allows multiple CCRC Officers access to the emails and protects our volunteers. Emails to our Chairman’s personal account, text messages, etc. will be disregarded for purposes of reporting.
2. In accordance with Michigan Republican Party Convention Rules, Precinct Delegates receive preference over non-Precinct Delegates in the election of Delegates and Alternates to the State Convention. A PERSON DOES NOT NEED TO BE A PRECINCT DELEGATE TO BE ELECTED AS A DELEGATE OR AN ALTERNATE TO THE STATE CONVENTION; the Precinct Delegates are only given preference. All interested persons are encouraged to email their desire to be elected.
3. At the end of the email submission period, applicants will be sorted by whether or not they are Precinct Delegates. Delegate positions and then Alternate positions will be assigned in the order that applications were received and will go to Precinct Delegates first, and then non-Precinct Delegates. Calhoun County is allocated 27 Delegate positions and 27 Alternate positions. Per Michigan Republican Party Rules, Senator John Bizon and Representative Matt Hall are automatically Delegates and do not reduce our allotment.
4. Convention results will be posted to CalhounCountyGOP.com and linked to our Facebook page following their submission to the Michigan Republican Party.
Jeannie Burchfield, Chairman
Calhoun County Republican Committee